Biking to Lijiang from Dali


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
April 20th 2010
Published: April 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have to say sorry because my travelblog has not been updated for very long time.I am sure I will blog as soon as I finishing every trip.
I made a bike trip from Dali old town to Lijiang old town with a Spanish lady called Monica and a suizo se llama Etienne.Both of they are very nice people,and both of they speak very good Spanish(Especially Monica.Of course!)I have learnt a lot Spanish when we were travelling.


D1 Having Problem to Find the guesthouse.I was told they stayed in the Four Seasons Guest House.I have right name but the are three guesthouse was called four seasons guest house in Dali old town.And unfortunately they three “four seasons guest house” stated at the four corner of Dali old town.I found my friends at the last one.

We started our trip at 8am.We have very good landscape when we cycled between Mt.Cangshan and Erhai Lake.We have saw a lot of local people farming there.And above all the best thing is the hotspring in Xiashankou,and the guesthouse is a good price:80yuan for room with a bath room,and a small hotspring pool in the bath room.
We spent one night at a small village called Xiashankou(actually it’s was full of hotels because of the hotspring).People form the down of Dali come here very often,because it’s 75km from the downtown and 60km form the Dali old town.And it’s flat road is very good for cycling(very few mountain to climb in the trip).


D2 After a wonderful night at Xiashankou we started our cycling journey to Baihanchang(Jiu he bai zu xiang).The fresh milk in Xiashankou is so good,because Xiashankou is very close to Denchuan which is the major milk producing area of Yunnan province.You can buy the bottled and boiled fresh milk.
Today we have at least 50 km to climb up. According my GPS we have arrived at a mountain with the altitude 3000m,and we begun at 2200m..


D3 It’s a luckily day today.A road from Baihanchang to Lijiang was under construction so there is very few traffic,but actually there is few construction too.It seemed like that this road has been reserved for us.When we arrived at the peak of the mountain a beautiful landscape show in front of us!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Local MarketLocal Market
Local Market

They are "walking pigs"!
Local MarketLocal Market
Local Market

Those local people are selling pigs.
Few TrafficFew Traffic
Few Traffic

A road "reserved for us"
Jianchuan CountyJianchuan County
Jianchuan County

Border of Jianchuan


12th May 2010

the local market is really old and traditional .....We had this kind of market at my hometown when i was about five or six years old.
14th May 2010

Questions
Hi. Me and my wife just arrived today to lijiang and are planning to bike to lake lugu and then bike to Dali. What do you think? Nice trip? How long from Dali-lijiang? Thanks for sharin your bike trip and food luck.
15th May 2010

That's nice trip
It's so nice to bike to Lugu lake and camping there.But it's a little bit far away from Lugu to Lijiang,Lugu lake is on the border of Yunnan provience. From Dali to Lijiang is about 200km,it's almost all downhill if you don't take the G214. Good luck!
28th May 2010

HELLO
看见你的新博文了,我是刘金瑞。过来看看。很自在啊。
1st November 2010

Que buenos tiempos
Quien volviera a subir a la bici y pasear por chinaaaaa!!!!! Hi Alex!!U besito

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb