Day 10: Lhatse - Yangpachen


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tibet
August 30th 2006
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yawn! What a great sleep last night.....😊

Today was just a slow and easy day with lots of time on the road. We drove from Lhatse, the south of Tibet towards the north-west, Yangpachen.

Midway, we get to visit an old Bon religion monastery. Bon religion was the pre-Buddhism religion in Tibet. You can learn all about Bon religion here. This monastery was founded by Nangton Dawa-gyeltsen in the 17th centrury in this Traduka village.

Throughout the whole journey, we were treated to the best of the best of nature with Nyenchentangla mountain in the backdrop. We even took a short break of the beautiful prairie along the way.

Our driver, Pasa was such a nice man, we were treated to some local Tibetan song on his in-jeep VCD player so that we will not get bored. Just superb! Along the way, I even attempted to have some conversation with him in Mandarin. I can't say that I totally understand him...but at least I did not embarrass myself by going huh? every word or two....haha.

We arrived at Yangpachen just before duskfall. You can easily spot that you have arrived by this big yellow chimney on the left and lots of smoke coming out of it....prob some factory harnessing the thermo-power??


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb