Spring is here!!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
April 14th 2014
Published: April 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

wow........the colours are amazing!! All of a sudden spring has sprung!! The weather has turned warm and the trees have the most amazing colours of blossom, so many different shades of reds and pinks and the smells are lovely. It is a very pretty time of year.



We went to the Ancient Culture street last weekend. It was really busy but we saw lots of lovely things but next time I think leave the boys at home!! I found lots of stalls with colourful beads and Jade but William was not keen on stopping to look! The smells of foods all around was yummy, Next time....!



Next we planned to go to the water park...........some how we ended up at the zoo next door instead!!! Mr lv was sure he took us to the right side as the zoo is one end and the water park is at the other end of the street, but we still had a nice time. The gardens were lovely and I took Matthew on a boat ride which was had work!! Not only to steer the boat but to get tickets to get on the boat!!

Matthew had his school report last week and on Friday he has his parents Evening/meeting. Seeing as he has only been there 2 months he has done really well. We got to meet his computer teacher who is from England. He is really nice and has been working the kids really hard!! I think Matthew gets on well with this teacher because they understand each other!! Even though Matthew has told us he has no friends at school, turns out he does have a few friends now!! So good that he is settling in. We also got to meet the music teacher...........I can see why Matthew is not keen on her!! Strict is good but she doesn't seem to make the class fun or interesting. Matthew has never done music class before so this is all new to him but she wants him to write music and get it correct!! Good luck with that!! But he is doing brilliantly in Maths and Chinese and his reading has come so far.... he had his split taken off on Friday so he can now take part in PE again as long as he is careful!!

I have started my Chinese lessons.......I can now say my numbers and tell the time!! Working on my "I, You, Me and We" My teacher is great and so funny which makes it fun!! We went to a Chinese Classical Music show Friday night with her and a few others. We took the boys, think they really enjoyed it. The drums made William jump!! It was great to hear the music, very soothing!! I was amazed how noisy the people watching were!! In England and probably other places around the world you sit quietly and watch but here they were up and down, chatting on their phones etc!!! I was worried William may make a sound but need not worry!! He was quiet as a mouse until the last piece of quiet music and William shouted at Matthew!!

Matthew has a week off school at the end of the month so we thought we would go and visit the Great Wall! Andy's Chinese work partner has offered to come with us to show us around so at least we wont get lost!!! Be nice to have a couple of days away, think Andy needs it!! He has been so busy at work and the early mornings are
School Display...School Display...School Display...

Cat in The Hat day at school!!
catching up with him!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Yet another new friend!!!Yet another new friend!!!
Yet another new friend!!!

This young lady hopped into the car with William.......
Face says it all!!Face says it all!!
Face says it all!!

Not sure if William is keen!!!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb