A Calming (ish) Week!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
March 12th 2014
Published: March 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have had a nice calming week!! Matthew was off school last Friday so he had a lovely long weekend. I took the boys to a new shopping mall, it is Matthew's birthday on the 16th march and he wanted to find a new toy shop to spend his birthday money from Nanny dragon and Grandad. We found one small little shop but something really great we found was a little stall that sold pick and mix sweets (not what we went out for!!) and we found jelly sweets that the boys like from back home, we found jelly bears, snakes and cola bottles!!! Yummy. I was hoping to be able to put the sweets in a bag for myself but the lady was very keen to help me.......I was thinking a couple of each sweets but the lady had other ideas and filled half a big bag up!! Praying I had enough money because in England that would have cost £5 at least and I had 2 bags. But to my surprise it cost about £2 for both bags!!



Spring cleaning has started in China now we have had a little sunshine, William had great fun watching our window cleaners hanging from rope outside our window!! Then Matthew and William helped Mr Lv our driver to clean the car!! Not sure who got wettest!! But they all had fun!

On the Saturday we planned on going to play at Matthew's school as they open the outdoor playing area on a Saturday morning. We got there and the security looked at us very strangely but after a lot of talking in Chinese they got an English talking person on the phone who informed us that they are digging a very big whole today and the security men didn't want us to fall down it!! Fair enough so we ended up at Papa Johns pizza place for lunch and then we found another indoor play area!

Sunday was a lovely lazy day. We needed that, ever since we have arrived here it was been non stop.

Monday was going to be a lovely mummy and William day, the weather was nice so I thought we would walk to Tesco (there is a small shopping mall inside with Tesco) have a look around, get a couple of bits and then a nice run around at the indoor play area............How did my morning end up??????? Nothing like that!!!!! Got my shopping and William had a great time running around and then I spent 15 long minutes trying to get Williams head un stuck from a horse ride there!!! Only my William could do this.....he got his head stuck between the back legs and the pole.....sadly I didn't get a photo but the hundreds of Chinese people that appeared from nowhere took plenty yet not one person offered to help!! The more I pulled his head the more William pushed it the other way.

Matthew came home yesterday with a lovely bump on the back of his head from PE and then William got kicked in the face in the playground when picking Matthew up at school....both in the wrong place at the wrong time!!

Andy has to work on Sunday morning, Matthew's birthday so we are going to take Matthew out for a special treat Saturday and Andy has worked out how to order MacDonalds online and have it delivered to our apartment so we thought we would surprise the boys for dinner!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

William has a hissy fit!!William has a hissy fit!!
William has a hissy fit!!

How to draw attention when out!!!
"The horse""The horse"
"The horse"

This is where William got his head stuck!
Chocolate fix!!Chocolate fix!!
Chocolate fix!!

Was very much needed!! I have been saving this box for days like this week!
Cleaning the car!!Cleaning the car!!
Cleaning the car!!

Helping Mr Lv!!


13th March 2014

Hope the bumps don't hurt!
Glad you found some good sweeties and had fun cleaning the car with Mr Lv. Have a lovely birthday on SundayLots of love from Nanny Sylvia.xx

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb