South Korea to China by ferry


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
July 6th 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Incheon to Tanggu



English below

Die Fähre von Südkorea nach China war die einfachste und gemuetlichste Option . Auf der Faehre traf ich Monica und Philip innerhalb weniger Minuten, da wir die Einzigen aus dem Westen waren. Spaeter traffen wir ein paar Koreaner mit denen wir einen schoenen Abend verbracht haben. Bis um Mitternacht haben wir Bier getrunken, chinesisches Barbeque gegessen und die beliebteste koreanische Unterhaltungstätigkeit, Karaoke, genossen.
Obwohl die Fähre 25hours dauerte, war es der billigste und bequemste Weg um nach China zu gelangen.



The ferry option from South Korea to China was so easy and really classy (may be exaggerating on the latter). I met Monica and Philip straight away. It was quiet easy to figure out that all three of us were back-packing. It was a real laugh to meet some Koreans a bit later. We stayed out till about midnight drinking beer, eating Chinese barbeque and making full use of Korea's most favourite entertainment activity, karaoke.

Although the ferry took 25hours, it was the cheapest and most convenient way to get to China.

Some practicalities for those who want to do the journey from Incheon to Tanggu (Tianjin):

The rough guide book doesn't give you too many details about booking the ferry and I found most blogs weren't giving the correct info.

I went to the main Tourist office in Seoul for info. They called Jinchon Ferry to book a ticket for me. They then told me to go to a travel agency to purchase the ticket there. I went to
Jono Offictel
Blu bell travel agency
5th Floor, room 509
Tel: (Seoul access code) 737 1002

Make sure you show your ISTC card (if you have one) as you can get a 20% discount. The best way from Tanggu to Beijing is to get a metered taxi to Tanggu train station (30 Yuan, approx £3) from where you can take the fast train to Beijing (50min).







Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Very very hot pepperVery very hot pepper
Very very hot pepper

I had around 6 of them that day. Preparing my tastebuds for India
P1010985P1010985
P1010985

The Korean man was the kindest ever. We all had to call him 'Apa' (Father) after a few drinks of course.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb