great wall


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » The Great Wall
February 13th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone

just a note to say i am safe and well in Xian; well were actually leaving tonight for shanghai; we bound a 17 hour overnight train and get in about 11.30am

we went to the great wal on monday and walked for about 10km; some parts of the wal were so steep and uneven; it so woundnt get away with the health and saftey in englang; it was sheer drops down the mountains at some points; we were so lucky coz the sky was so clear and warm; we al had loads of layers on and we ended up shreading them as we went along; we stopped half way and had lunch on the wall; it was amazing; we didnt pass another sole; 15 people on the wall alone; bril; its amazing and hard to explain really the emotins it brings up in tou; you have to do it if you get the chance. we then stayed in a guesthouse about 5 monutes walk from the wal and we could even see if from our room which was madness; it looked amazing in the monlight. some of the guys got up to watch the sunrise but i didnt; i was so rought with the cold and it ended up not being that spectacular so im not that bothered; we then got the bus back to beijing and got the first overnight train to xian which tok 11 hours; its was so much better than i expected; much more roomy anyway!!!! its very close and personal thou with 6 in a berth and 10 berths to one carridge but everone just gets on with it and forgets about the cramptnes!!! we got into xian at 8.30 and checked right into our hotel; its very posh; (which were all kind of gutted about coz we were wanting to be roughing it but its so not that); we have had a few days here doing the whole tourist things; xian is so much buisier than beijing but they dont have a metro system yet so everyone is on teh streets; its much dirtier as well but its so much less developed which is good; its not westernised at all and noone speaks english so its good fun getting aroung the place; its all god fun!!!!

everyone on the tour is so much fun and are up for a laugh; were all simalar ages but have been to different places and moving onto different places which is good fun!!

gonna get some pics put on but i have a few on my facebook if your on there a as wel (facebook is quicker to upload)

al my love

emily xxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb