Sky Horses in a Bamboo Sea. Trip Day #1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Yibin
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Typical busTypical busTypical bus

*Dorothy and I are always very amused by the awkward eye contact photos that we seem to take in China.
Dorothy and I set off on our adventure early Saturday morning. After a five and a half hour bus ride, we reached the town of Yibin where we were quickly hustled the worlds tiniest van and shuttled off to the Bamboo Sea. Our driver was a local who had grown up in the area. He offered to give us a tour and be our driver. We accepted enthusasticlly. It was possibly the best choice we made (besides deciding to go on this adventure in the first place.) He knew of a less expensive hotel and took us on all the best trails. Because Chinese students start school on Feburary 20, there were hardly any families hiking around. We had the park to ourselves, and Dorothy and I giddily enjoyed some of the most beautiful views in the world.

After going up in cable cars, we went on a waterfall hike. I was able to pratice my Chinese on our guide, and Dorothy was able to display her near fluency.

We tumbled into bed at the hotel, and slept for 11 hours. It was good to get out and hike through trees again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Buying ticketsBuying tickets
Buying tickets

This is our guide!
Picture takersPicture takers
Picture takers

we were in awe
Cable carsCable cars
Cable cars

They are actually called (direct Chinese to English) "sky horses" in Chinese
MountainMountain
Mountain

Smothered in mist.


21st February 2012

I love "Sky horses". You are having such a wonderful adventure - I am thrilled for you. Looking forward to giving you a big hug when you get home!!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb