Day 1: Singapore - Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
August 21st 2006
Published: October 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am ecstatic! This is the day I have been waiting for! A holiday of the year......I am finally going to Tibet! For a whole two weeks with Suki, Fungi and Meng😊

The past two weeks have been hectic. There was lots of preparations to do before the trip; clothes to buy, medication to prepare...especially Diamox, bags to pack and not forgetting keeping up with the stamina training.

Our flight was at 7.40am. My first time flying Air China. The flight and on-board meal was better than I expected although their in-flight entertainment was quite "amazing". I could listen to channel 3 on my right side and channel 9 on the left!! We arrived in Chengdu at 12 noon. From the airport, we travelled about an hour to our accomodation for the night: Chengdu Soma Hostel.

The first thing we did after dumping our bags in the rooms were to look for food. Boy! were we famished! We had duck soup steamboat for lunch at one of the restaurants below the hostel.

Since we had some time, we decided to visit the Chengdu Panda Research Centre. Check out the pictures. Pandas are just so cute! We had also time to check out outdoor gears and have some last minute jackets shopping at Boondocks.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb