Day 1 in Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
December 19th 2011
Published: December 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We originally were going to couchsurf in Shanghai but because I'm hacking and coughing, and Tris felt shitty we decided to cancel and stay in a hotel. The last thing we wanted was to get our host sick or be a nuisance. So i chose a hotel and its actually in a really key spot. It is close to Nanjing Rd which is a huge pedestrian tourist street with shops and food galore. THe subway is super close which gets us to anywhere else in the city really quick.

Today we went to Shanghai Museum which was FREE! We paid extra for a hand held guide which explained different artifacts through out the museum. It made the visit much more interesting, otherwise we probably would've burned through each exhibit pretty fast because a lot of the stuff has little to no interest to us. I'm sure if any historian or Chinese saw me calling it stuff it would be off with my head as many of the things are rich with history and very valuable. Tris had a large sneeze and shot a huge snot ball onto the carpet which was pretty funny.

After, we jumped on the subway to find the underground market at the largest mentro station in Shanghai. We were dissappointedly greeted with a bunch of shopping malls so we turned around and went back to our hotel.

I googled info about the fake markets in Shanghai, while Tris washed his socks in the sink and hung them up around the bathroom to dry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb