Fengxian Ocean Tourism Area 2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Fengxian
October 2nd 2010
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have visited the area of Haiwan Beach before, but this trip was the first time we went horseback riding there, so I thought I would post some pictures. It was very crowded because this was during the Mid-Autumn, or Moon Festival. This is a Chinese Resort area about half an hour from where we live.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Chinese Fruit and Nut CakeChinese Fruit and Nut Cake
Chinese Fruit and Nut Cake

As you can see, there were many carts lined up selling these, they looked good, but I'm sure they weren't gluten free, so i couldn't taste any.
Leah Looking for CrabsLeah Looking for Crabs
Leah Looking for Crabs

You can see the windmills in the distance.
CrabCrab
Crab

There are 2 different kinds of little crabs we find in the mud. They are small, no bigger than an inch and a half from side to side.
ShipwreckShipwreck
Shipwreck

I don't know any details on this, but it sure looks like an old shipwreck, many people were enjoying sitting on it.
Looking Towards ShoreLooking Towards Shore
Looking Towards Shore

We were quite a ways out, you can see the big Palm Beach Hotel on the shoreline.
Horseback RidingHorseback Riding
Horseback Riding

The horses are taken all the way out to the waters edge.
Writing in the MudWriting in the Mud
Writing in the Mud

Just like we write our names in the sand on beaches, these are Chinese names in the mud!
ShorelineShoreline
Shoreline

Walking back to the shore, you can now see the Palm Beach Hotel much closer.
Our Horseback RideOur Horseback Ride
Our Horseback Ride

This was taken as we were heading back to shore, so again you can see the hotel in the distance.
Horseback RidingHorseback Riding
Horseback Riding

In this one, you can also make out the temple in the distance.
Looking out from ShoreLooking out from Shore
Looking out from Shore

This is the area where you rent everything - boots, buckets and shovels, horses and ATV's!
Foreign currencyForeign currency
Foreign currency

Hanging up at Lydia's German Restaurant, where we go whenever we go to the ocean here!


13th January 2011

What I like most.
Weeh..! My eyes are full now. I'm sure you had a lot of fun, just basing on the pics I've seen.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb