Mmmm, Tsingtao Beer!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Qingdao
July 19th 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had two classes this morning. One was about Qufu and the other about Mount Tai. Qufu was the place Confucius lived. We learned about the Confucius Temple, Confucius Mansion and Confucius Grave. We also learned that at Mount Tai, there are lots of famous Stone Tablets. Some were from the Qin Dynasty 2000 years ago.

In the afternoon, we went to a number of places. First we went to the Tsingtao Beer Museum where we saw the process of how beer was made. At the end, we got to taste a bit of freshly brewed beer. I thought it tasted bitter like medicine. There were some boys who got drunk, but I’m sure they were just acting. After that, we saw a movie. It wasn’t a normal movie in that we sit in a train that moves from screen to screen and shakes, instead of seats. We all wore 3D glasses which made the screens appear more real. In the movie, we saw dinosaurs, went underwater and went in space. All the scary animals seemed to be targeting me, who sat in the front row. A holographic dinosaur roared in front of my face, a snake almost ate my head and a crab snapped on my hand. But still, it was an exciting experience. For dinner, we went to a restaurant in Tian Mu Cheng, which was a mall, but it was special, given that the ceiling was painted like the sky and the shop fronts looked like townhouses. I almost felt like I was outside. In front of the shops, there were many attractions, such as a pianist and a woman playing the Chinese lute. After dinner, we saw a show. There were very funny crosstalk shows and a magic show. At the end of the show, we were all really tired.

Chunmeng (Amy) Yu





Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb