Day 3 in China! Geography, Art and Climbing 999 Steps to the Top of the Mountain


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning » Dalian
July 26th 2013
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hao!!! As I write this, we are currently finishing off the third day of our fantastic adventures in the People’s Republic of China, and boy what a day it was! After breakfast, fellow students attended a quick Chinese lesson which emphasized familiarizing ourselves with Dalian’s landmarks, history and food. Once this was over, the class then proceeded to move into an art lesson. The challenge we students faced involved painting a bowl of cherries in the traditional Chinese art style dating from back many centuries, which was a task every one completed with ease. Lunch came around and after that we hopped onto a bus to visit one of the biggest mountains in the eastern region, “MO”. This mountain is well known by many not only for its Buddhist temples, but also because it requires one to climb 999 steps in order to reach the top! All that I can say is that the views of Dalian’s undisturbed mountainous wildlife were simply astonishing. When we arrived back at the residence we ate dinner. After eating, most of us proceeded to go on a mini-shopping trip to a large shopping mall, “SM” located not too far from the university, in which we used our bargaining skills in order to get great deals on the unique “China only” merchandise found throughout the entire shopping center.



I look forward to the rest of this trip to a continent I have never been to, hence I remain very eager to visit arguably one of the greatest cities on the planet, Beijing.



For now: Zai-Jian,



Benjamin


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb