Liaoning and Jilin Province


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jilin » Changbai Shan
June 15th 2010
Published: June 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A 10.30 sleeper from Beijing to Shenyang capital of Liaoning province,arrived at 7.00am and tried to hail 6 taxis without success. None of them would take us to the Shenyang YH, don't know why,maybe language barrier. We ended up walking most of the way. Stayed 3 nights and visited the Imperial Palace,Botanical gardens and on the 3rd day Beiling Park to the North Tomb.
We left again by train,early 7am,crossing into Tongue 160 km north in the province of Jilin.One night in a chain cheapy and another train to our main destination for the next 5 days Baihe which is only 200km from Vladivostok.
Shenyang is not geared up for the tourists like Beijing, but the sites were the only highlight of our stay there. Oh and the Lao Bian Dumpling Restaurant which has been open for 181 years! We ordered too many but didn't feel guilty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Lily TowerThe Lily Tower
The Lily Tower

Shaped like a lily,in the Expo Botanical gardens.
City Central Youth HostelCity Central Youth Hostel
City Central Youth Hostel

Was used for accomodating the last warlords of this area 89 years ago.
Modern ShenyangModern Shenyang
Modern Shenyang

Many skyscrapers with new ones being built.
Imperial PalaceImperial Palace
Imperial Palace

Lived in by the last Qing dynasty rulers untill1644.
Idea for a bench!Idea for a bench!
Idea for a bench!

Botanical Gardens
Botanical GardenersBotanical Gardeners
Botanical Gardeners

Skin is all covered for the sun.
The North TombThe North Tomb
The North Tomb

Which is in Bailing Park.A change in trees with alot more pines.
The TombThe Tomb
The Tomb

The tomb of the last son of the Qing dynasty in the province.The tree in the center is an Elm.
Train to TonghuaTrain to Tonghua
Train to Tonghua

Sat with local people and tried to converse in manderin,entertainment for them.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb