Nanjing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
December 14th 2011
Published: December 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Nanjing hasn't been that exciting for us. On our first night we searched to get some laundry done. When we found a place she wanted to charge us $40 USD... thats RIDICULOUS, so of course we said no, packed up our clothes and went back to our hotel. We searched online for a hostel that had laundry facilities and booked 2 nights there. We went out for a walk and found a cool little walking streeet with lots of shops and stalls. It was all tourist prices... and we didn't bring the camera so we have no photos. Guess what Tris spotted... WALMART!!!! We haven't been into a walmart in 10 months! So we went to check it out. Their Walmarts SUCK compared to ours. For an ugly hoodie they charge $20! Thats the cheapest we could find. And get this, we could buy a washing machine for $80..... and the dumb broad wanted to charge us $40 for one load!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, next morning we moved to the new hostel and spent all day doing laundry. 12pm-9pm... 4 loads because their machine is TINY.

Today was a little more eventful. We went and bought bullet train tickets to Suzhou, then found a delicious food area. We had beef noodle buns, cream puffs, and for $1.50 we had a huge bowl of yummiest vegetables and noodles in a spicy vinigar broth. Even typing this makes my mouth water.

After, we jumped on a bus and went to check out the Presidential Palace. Back 600 years ago this place was where the important people would stay when coming to check out what SOuthern CHina was up too. We've seen so many of these buildings and structures, and we dont really care to much about Chinese history... so it did nothing for us.

When we walked out we decided to go get ourselves lost for a couple hours. We came across a local market, some parks, many food stalls and shops... it was nice to get a feel of everyday life in Nanjing.

Tonight we are going for dinner with a CS'er that lives in Nanjing. Yum for local food 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb