Wuhan and Zhangjiajie Stuff of Legends


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
November 4th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Entering WuhanEntering WuhanEntering Wuhan

Walmart. I don't think Walmart was around in the 10th century
Lots of movies depicting the Wuhan clan. But not in todays world. Wuhan is a bustling Industrial city now known for lotus roots and of course manufacturing. It was very foggy and the day started off with a visit to the yellow crane temple which was built on a hill 1700 years ago. Lots of steps and terrasses to walk up.

We climbed a huge pagoda which didn't seem original since there was an elevator in the middle of it. I think 1700 hundred years ago the elevators were not invented yet. I could be wrong.

This city is also in construction mode as all the others I been to. China is in the 21st century, and have an oportunity to plan it right. They are on the right track, I am happy to say. They work night and day.

We left at noon to take a bullet train to Zhangjiajie in the mountains. This is a picturesque destination which is another highlight of the trip. We are staying in a 5***** hotel at a 3*** price. We were met by a guide at the train station and promtly embarked on a mini bus for a 6 hour ride. We enterd into a 3 km tunnel just before we arrived at our hotel. We will meet 2 other couples. I am hoping to go on the worlds logest cable car. It sounds wierd, but when else am I going to get the chance. Please stay tunedfor the worlds longest cable car at 7.5 kms.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb