Wedding #2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Anyang
October 5th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another early start and we off to wedding 2.0. Todays proceedings were far less formal with a huge meal, no speeches and a massive load of fireworks (awesome). Theluch must have had over 400 people and you should have seen the mess on the floor afterwards. The food was really good, in fact it seems to be getting better and better but there is just far to much !!!Two Chinese guys were sitting with us Mr kattle and english teacher and Mr Yeu a worker at the Train yards. They were both really cool and made us feel very welcome. There were the usual stares and hello, how do you do's which is very funny - you feel like a rock star over here.

After lunch we went and checked out the markets near our hotel, there was so many stalls and shops it was amazing, unfortunately finding clothing sizes big enough is very difficult but its cool just trying to communicate with the shop assistants. Michael bought an air rifle for 10 yuan ($1.40au) and there were plenty of swords, crossbows and even a tazer !!!

We got Sonic (Jack's wifes brother) to find us a basketball court and we played until after dark. There are basketball courts everywhere here and always people playing. we coaxed two young Chinese boys top play half court with us and their parents were stoked and watched on from the sidelines and apartment windows above.

After the game Jack took us to a really swanky restaurant for another huge meal (sigh!) and of course the waitress wanted photos with us too ! I found Anyang to be a great place, very friendly and not as fast paced as the big cities, I would definitely reccommend a visit but not our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb