China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Heilongjiang » Harbin » My house
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
We are not living in Harbin but our city is not on the map so Harbin is the closest they had. Daqing is our hometown. We have been living in China for a year now as ESL teachers. Our stay will end on June 23rd. China has been great we have been to Beijing, Shanghai, Inner Mongolia, Harbin, back to my old town of Yan Cheng to see an old friends wedding and to a new friends home town. China has been so great, we have learnt so many things and have seen so many great things like the great wall. The biggest changeling for us over here would be the cultural barrier. I know they say that North China is the last great communist front but what I really did not know was how it was going to affect us. Most people over hear are kind and do to the small amount of foreigners here have not fully realized like other asian cities, that they can complete rip us off. On the flip side we are being constantly watched. There is not a moment we can not feel eyes on us. Most people are just very interested in the way we walk, look and dress but others can be very raciest and rude. I have always considered myself a person who is not raciest but this trip has put me on the other side and I have found how frustrating it can be and me heart truly goes out the the people still being affected be racialism and ignorance. Some people don't like Russians and because of the colour of our skin we are constantly called Russian and are put in to the same little box in there mind that they fall into, be it good or bad. With those people out of the way we have found China and the people to be amazing and beautiful. We are going to miss our students so much. We both love or Job here but could not do another year up North. It was just a little to hard and cold.



Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd June 2009

sweet blog
hey guys this is rad now we can really keep up with your adventure! hope your last few weeks of teaching are great and I'm sure you're looking forward to hitting the traveling trails!! peace :)
2nd June 2009

Miss you guys!!!!
Wow... your pictures are absolutely amazing. These memories will stay with you both for the rest of your lives, and it's so great that you are experiencing them together... Although I miss you both more each day, I am so happy you guys are exploring more of this beautiful world we live in. Canada will always welcome you home.. Love you!!! Leah
4th June 2009

What a sweet home:)
It's good that I can find a place to get to know your real life in the north of china. Wish you two are having more fun there! And hope I will have the chance visting there, surely not in winter:) Take care! XOXO Frank in Yancheng
12th June 2009

Miss You!!!!
The pictures are great but they make mommy cry because she misses you guys so much. We can't wait to see the pictures with Kalee. Love Jenny and Mom XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
20th June 2009

I love your pictures minus the nasty food ones! Cant wait until your home so I can see all of your pics....xoxo
24th June 2009

Hi!!
Ansen came here! Miss you two!wish you happy every day!!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb