Hangzhou the garden spot of China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hangzhou
May 26th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

There are beautiful places on this earth and Hangzhou is certainly one of them. There is a lake, West Lake, where an emperor lived which is quite large with gardens around the permiter. Paths run throughout the gardens and a path goes around the lake.
There are 3 islands in the lake, one large and 2 small. The large one has a resturant which has been in that location since the 1800's. We stopped there and had the local famous "Beggars Chicken" a chicken stuffed with beef and cooked in a pot. Yum!
The afternoon sun was nice although the skies were overcast a bit. Still photos came out well.
A nice way to spend our last afternoon.
"The Lonely Planet" has been our bible throughout this trip and it suggested that we go to one resturant for the crispy fried potatoes with chilies. We thought that we'd go thru the night market and then on to the resturant. After walking and looking for the resturant for about 1 hour, and asking many people we finally found it. I'm not sure that the potatoes were worth the effort, but we saw a bit of Hangzhou that was off the beaten path.

Advertisement



29th June 2009

Snow Land
Tibete is top of the world. You should see the Tibet in your live. Ok . everyone want to travel to Tibet and North-Western china please contace me i can do everything for your tour will be great.

Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb