Zhongdu Cheng-Huang Temple Fair


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Liuzhou
June 25th 2014
Published: June 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Accidentially run into the Zhongdu Temple Fair when I was looking for a retreated place from the hot and humid weather, just wanted to lay low for a while from the heat! Zhongdu sound great from what I read from internet, an old village with small street and lane for wandering, especailly the piers along the river, huge trees with shade and quiet environment. the small hilltop in town where stood an old fort and provided superb viewpoint! The surrounding also claimed some wonderful landscape with caves and waterfalls, but...my main aim for this journey is to watch the world-cup final, as there was no full broadcasting in Hongkong. beside...the heat really stop me from exposed myself in the open too much!

The Lunar May 28th is a date for the Cheng-Huang Temple Fair in many different places as well, I had attended another one in Anshun, Guizhou some years ago. same with parade but here they had their own long-table banquet layout in town. the whole fair are for the blessing from Cheng-Huang for good luck and prosperity, the worship began on zero hour on midnight, the street was like new year eve crowded with people and vendors. those are one of the few occasion that woken the tranquility of the village.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

the Baijia banquetthe Baijia banquet
the Baijia banquet

the image is downloaded from internet


27th June 2014

China
WE have not made it to China yet but you certainly make us want to go. We love festivals in other countries.
27th June 2014

well...China...you need to visit it the sooner the better, as it get rotten real fast. do write me if you need any info for festival in the future. all the best

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb