Our final Day in Guangzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
March 30th 2013
Published: April 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 30th March 2013 to Sunday, 31st March 2013

Another round of dim sum affair greeted us at Jade Garden this morning. Located within Taikoo Hui Mall, the decor of Jade Garden followed a modern-fusion theme. It was weird that western teapots and cutlery could co-exist together with Chinese chopsticks and spoons. The attractive dim sum menu was colourful and the pictures were certainly useful for non-Chinese speakers. Food was ok at Jade even though our votes would certainly go to Guangzhou Restaurant anytime.

After breakfast, it was time for some grocery shopping at Jusco Tianhe branch before heading back to our apartment. When it was time for us to say goodbye to Ascott at 1pm, we parked our luggages at the reception before continuing with the rest of our itinerary. Depsite the heavy rains in the afternoon, we paid a visit to the majestic Martyrs' Park and managed to complete a full circuit around the grounds with our handy umbrellas.

The only museum we managed to cover during the course of our trip was the Guangdong Museum of Revolution History. Housed within a colonial building, the museum contained lots of historical information of Guangzhou. History buffs who are keen on modern history and warfare would certainly have a fulfilling day ahead like me.

Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall was then our final stop for sightseeing. Against the backdrop of blue hues and rains, we were happy to leave our footprints behind in Guangzhou city.

Our last few hours in Guangzhou were split between Haizhu Square and the Food Republic outlet at Taikoo Mall. Later C came by with a huge bowl containing some local dishes with plenty of dried chilis. I thought it was quite a unique way to end our Guangzhou trip as we made our way to the airport shortly after dinner that evening.

As we got even more caught up with our daily lives, this was one rare opportunity that the three of us could come together for a short getaway. I'm certainly thankful for the nice company we had over the past couple of days and definitely looking forward to another great trip in the near future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb