Our Easter Weekend in Guangzhou (after 7 years)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
March 27th 2013
Published: April 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 27th March 2013

It was 7 years back since I last travelled with C and S, two of my greatest buddies from NUS. I remembered back then, the few of us travelled to HK & Macau as part of our graduation trip for 10 days. Actually, we did attempt to organise a trip to Bali a couple of years later but it had to be cancelled due to some security concerns.

So there we were 7 years down the road. By this time, as working adults in our 30s, C and S had settled down happily. I was quite thankful that their better halves had given us their blessings for us to go away during the Easter long weekend.

Our Guangzhou trip was decided quite smoothly during one of our recent meet-ups. Before we knew it, our air tickets were booked and the hotel accomodation was confirmed.

On Wednesday evening, it was time for me to head to the airport after my day in the office to link up with them. We had our dinner together with their spouses before catching our flight to Guangzhou at 8.40pm. It was going to be another 4 hours before our plane touched down at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport.

Since it was already very late in the night when we arrived, the train service to the city had stopped running for the day. We decided to utilise the taxi service which would set us back RMB150 for the 43km run to our accomodation at Tianhe District.

It was probably 3am in the morning before we finally settled down for bed within our comfortable apartment at Ascott.

For us, we were certainly looking forward to the next couple of days as we explore the city proper. And of course, having the rare opportunity for the 3 of us to travel on the road again after a good 7 years!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb