Ming Tombs/Sacred Way/Great Wall


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 13th 2005
Published: December 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well at least I got one day done and now since I know I won't be able to get my act together to truly document the rest of the trip... here's what everybody wants anyways - the pictures from the trip out to the Great Wall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bunny on the Great WallBunny on the Great Wall
Bunny on the Great Wall

What more can I say? There was a Bunny and it was on the Great Wall.
TGV at Ming TombsTGV at Ming Tombs
TGV at Ming Tombs

Poor Tour Guide Vicky! We drove her nuts because we weren't the typical sheep group. It was more like trying to herd cats - cranky, demanding cats at that!
Bunny at Ming TombsBunny at Ming Tombs
Bunny at Ming Tombs

There really wasn't much to see and the crowds were really pushy!
Going with the flow at Ming TombsGoing with the flow at Ming Tombs
Going with the flow at Ming Tombs

You have to go or else you'll be like a salmon trying to swim upstream. And you don't even get to lay eggs at the end.
Bunny on the Sacred WayBunny on the Sacred Way
Bunny on the Sacred Way

The Sacred Way was the the path the Emperors had to travel to reach the tombs. It was lined with auspicious animals, nobles, warriors & scholars to guide the departed emperor in the next life. It also had the best toilets on the whole trip!! 5 star all the way!
Sacred WaySacred Way
Sacred Way

The Sacred Way was also great because it wasn't on the beaten path and few tour groups visited it.
Great WallGreat Wall
Great Wall

The Great Wall was everything that we'd imaged it would be. Luckily we were blessed with a beautiful day, few tourists and lots of energy to run amok!
Bunny's BoysBunny's Boys
Bunny's Boys

Way off in the distance the boyz decided to wander off... at least we knew which direction they were going in.
Later afternoon on the WallLater afternoon on the Wall
Later afternoon on the Wall

We were at the Mutianyu section of the wall. Did I mention it was a gorgeous day?
Great Wall or Great LadderGreat Wall or Great Ladder
Great Wall or Great Ladder

Somehow Bunny managed to hop up to the furthest section of the wall that was open to the public. Whew!


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb