Setting Off Yet Again...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled
Peter Winter
The adventures start again...

Just wanted to give a brief outline of what the next two months has in store for me. Kaelyn arrived this past Monday, and we have been staying at school while I wrapped up my last week of classes. After taking care of the enormous amount of preparation, and the costs that go along with it, we are finally ready to set off on our travels.

This Monday (hopefully), we will begin working our way north, eventually heading to the North Korean border and Changbaishan, where we hope to get a look at an area of China not many know too much about. We will spend about a week traveling the areas of Jilin and Liaoning province, finally heading back to Beijing on June 20th for....

A trip to the Pakistan border! Well close anyway. We already purchased our tickets to Kashgar in distant Xinjiang province, heading out from Beijing with a quick layover in Urumqi on the way. We will spend 10+ days in Xinjiang, working slowly from Kashgar back to Urumqi, getting to see a piece of distinctly Un-Chinese China.

Our final leg will take us to back to Tibet, where I'm looking forward to get some time to really explore Lhasa and the nearby areas.

That's the rough plan for now, and changes are more than likely as our dwindling bank accounts cut our options. Of course, I'll be keeping this site updated as much as possible.

Best and see everyone soon!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb