#35 China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Wudaokou
March 10th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello from China,
Our spring and summer plans are progressing along quite nicely. We are happy to report that we now have a city we are moving to and a date when we need to be there. We need to be in Seattle, Washington by the 23rd of September as this is where Laura has chosen to do her PhD. I am applying to various actuarial and math programs in the area as well. All of the applications are due in early April so I am working hard to finish up the essays and get all of the paperwork in order.

We have settled in quite nicely. In the end it looks like our schedules are finally pretty much decided. The final results seem to have Laura teaching 2 English classes and a Health class and me teaching 1 English class, 1 Math class, and a Science class.

Since I last wrote we have hosted 2 Russians, a Latvian, and a Polish guy on the couchsurfing front, all positive experiences. Other than that we have been continuing to dominate in Wednesday evening trivia and I have been continuing to enjoy handball training. I was even mentioned in the Beijing Paper as being a new player. We still haven’t started Chinese lessons but now that the semester is underway and we see how much free time we have, we can start those up soon.

Up next: North Korea, but not until April 28th. Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb