Shopping on Your Package Holiday in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
May 13th 2014
Published: May 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

There are many China tours from the UK available, and with China being such a big country, you are sure to be able to find a package and itinerary which suit your requirements. China is a vast country with breathtaking beauty as well as being steeped in history and culture. Many China tour specialists will be able to offer you a bespoke package holiday, which is going to take in all of the sights that you wish to see. Just remember when you are looking to book your tailor-made China tour, that China is also the world’s production capital, which is great news for shoppers!

Great Cities for Shopping in China

With China being so vast, there are a great many different products which are produced here, from designer clothes, the latest gadgets, and most likely the computer that you are reading this on. So where should you go if you are looking at some retail therapy on your China tour?




• Wangfujing Street – Beijing
• Barkhor Street – Lhasa, Tibet
• Central Avenue – Harbin
• Chunxi Road – Chengdu
• Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street – Guangzhou


Beijing

If you are looking for the best in China tours, then you will most likely visit Beijing at some point. This city is not only a great base for see attractions such as the Great Wall or the Forbidden Palace, but there is also some great shopping to be done. Wangfujing Street is a very popular location where you will find large department stores, cafes, restaurants as well as souvenir stalls. If you come down here in the even to do some shopping, you will also be able to try the culinary delights on offer at the evening food market. A great way to recuperate after all of the intense shopping you have done, and you can even relax with a drink and watch the world go by, when you are all shopped out.

Lhasa

Lhasa, in Tibet, is a lot smaller than Beijing, and also a lot less developed. You somehow feel closer to the culture here as things are a lot more relaxed and laid back. Barkhor Street is found right in the heart of Lhasa, surrounding the Jokhang Temple. Here you will find a range of items for sale such as local produce, clothes and souvenirs.

Central Avenue

In the northeast of China is Harbin, which has a much more European feel to it with its cobbled streets and style of architecture. This dates back to the Russian era, which gives a distinctly familiar feel when you stop here on your China Tour. Along the pedestrian street, you will find a Russian influence still with many Russian products on sale as well Chinese and international products. There is also a lot of fine dining on offer with many different cuisines available.

Chunxi Road

In Sichuan province, Chunxi offers some great shopping opportunities, with lots of boutique shops selling designer brands, shopping malls, department stores as well as many cafes and restaurants. Chunxi is similar to Beijing, in the way that this is modern China, highly developed, and very busy. There is a lot to see and do here when you stop off on your tour of China.

Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street

In southern China, Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street in Guangzhou is 1200 meters of shopping. There are over 300 shops here that range from the most famous of brands, old and new. The style of architecture is a complete contrast to that of Harbin and is a reflection of the Lingnan culture of the south. There are plenty of tea shops and cafes that you can stop off along the way, and try some delectable culinary delicacies, allowing you to rest and recharge before setting off shopping again.

Fakes and Haggling

When you are purchasing designer brands in any part of China, there are a lot of fake goods available as well as cloned goods. These kinds of goods may be available in the high street shops, but you will find more of them on offer in the local markets. This means you will need to be vigilant when buying anything. In the stores and shopping malls, you are not going to be able to haggle as the prices will be set. In many of the markets and street vendors, you will be able to haggle of the price of the goods you wish to purchase; this means that there are some great potential bargains. China tours and holidays are great for shopping, as well as sightseeing. A warning though: you may end up buying lots of things that you never knew you needed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb