The Forbidden City


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
November 16th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The Forbidden City video 62 secs
Approximately a mile from our hotel room, we could see the roofs of the buildings within The Forbidden City.

On the day we visited the city, we decided to hire our own tour guide for 200 Yuan ($31.50) for the six of us. After a four hour tour with our English speaking guide named "Linda", we knew it was worth it! (I have her contact information should anyone plan to visit Beijing and need a guide for any of the major attractions.)

Grace and Faith enjoyed learning about the city and enjoyed having 72 hectors of space to stretch their legs. Since we visited on a weekday during the off-season, the site was not crowded.

After we completed the tour, we decided to walk back to the hotel. We walked for quite a while until we felt we were lost enough to take a taxi back to the hotel. It is a lot of fun walking the streets of Beijing and we had a good laugh at ourselves for not being able to find our hotel and a good laugh at some of the eager to help locals who gave us conflicting directions as they attempted to help.

Before going to the Forbidden City, be sure to watch "The Last Emperor"

Grace and Faith created a short video describing what they learned about the Forbidden City.

If you're curious about Ying's comments regarding the death of an emperor, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Cixi


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_City
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Cixi


Advertisement



17th November 2011

Hilarious
"They sell stuff"

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb