Skiing in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
April 23rd 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is my second time in Beijing so I've decided to do something different for a change. After a lot of researched, I found so many man made ski resort in China and one which is close to Beijing is called Nanshan Resort Ski, an hour and a half away from the airport.

There is another ski place which I found close to the border of Mongolia and its called Alphan Ski Resort.(for me the idea of cross-country skiing sounds amazing) but we have to fly from Hong Kong to Ulanhot, then the resort itself is another 3-4 hours by bus/train from Ulanhot. Alphan Ski Resort is considered to be China's second best Ski resort after yet another ski resort named as Yabuli Ski which is 198 kilometers away from Harbin in Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province. Yabuli is hands on the best and biggest ski area in Beijing. So if you are heading for an affordable ski holiday I would definetely check the above resorts as well.

I originally booked a few nights in Nanshan Village Resort Ski from one of the China tours in Hong Kong, but 2 nights is more than enough from my opinion. The Shirton Inn that we stayed in Nashan resort was very average. They only have twin beds plus the heating condition wasn't that good. Overall we can't complain as we really enjoyed the skiing part. Nanshan Ski resort is situated in Miyun County, so if you want to see the Great Wall after skiing, The Simatai Wall is the closest to this place and it takes about an hour only.








Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Nanshan Ski Resort Nanshan Ski Resort
Nanshan Ski Resort

1.5 hours away from Beijing International airport
View of the Nanshan Ski ResortView of the Nanshan Ski Resort
View of the Nanshan Ski Resort

Time for some coffee and toast


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb