Can Tho homestay


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 13th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Once again we were up and out for 6:30am. Todays plan was to travel to vietnam border and eventually arrive at the homestay in.a rural area in vietnam.This trip took approximatly 12 hours including the border stop and quick lunch.

The journey wasnt to bad think im getting use to sleeping anywhere.

The change between cambodia and.vietnam was obvious.from entrying.vietnam is much more built up still very pretty and green.

We drove to the middle of.nowhere and arrived at the homestay which was a little village. The family were so welcoming and friendly. We walked around the village picking leaves and.smelling them. There was lemongrass, lime. Also saw banana trees and learnt that a banana tree only grows one bunch so it gets chopped down to grow another which takes a year. The villagers grow what they such.as veg and catching.crab from the river.

We made ourselves comfortable.we had our.own rooms which had a bed and a.pink mosquito net. Was a little bit.like being a princess.

We then had a large meal made by the.family and the group all ate together. Was so beautiful and tasty. We had a game or cards and uno. Was.a.fun chilled night.

The toilets were.modern as we were all expecting to wee in a mud hole. Also had a.shower available with cold water was.quite refreshing.

Going to sleep was a little scary as you could hear crickets birds.dogs and scurrying around and we had seen a mouse earlier on but.you get so tired that it didnt stop us.

We woke up in.the morning to omelette and bread made by the.family and headed off.again.to saigon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb