First 24 h in Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have eaten crocodile (taste like fish) and we went to a wedding next door. The young wedding couple was sitting outside on the street to welcome the visitors while their family was celebrating the wedding inside in a fancy restaurant. We were invited but we stayed only a very short time. The idea to celebrate a wedding while the engaged couple is sitting outside did not really appeal to us.
The couple looked very tired. I do not think that they enjoyed their own wedding.

To see the sunset we went in the afternoon to Angkor Wat unfortunatly thousands of other tourist had the same idea. It was so crowded that we could not see very much of the ruins. So I took photos of the other tourists.

Al prices here are in US$, the local currency they use only as change. We have to get used to it. The prices for food is compared to the neighbor countries high. A 0.6l Bottle of beer cost in a restaurant between 2 US$ and 3Us$. A big bottle of water cost sometimes 1 US$, for a few bananas you might have to pay 1,5 US$ easely. This is not cheap!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



24th February 2010

oh, ihr seid so schoen, habt ihr neue Kultur in Compodia kennen gelernt?

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb