Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » West » Kaôh Kong
February 27th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Angkor Wat - SunriseAngkor Wat - SunriseAngkor Wat - Sunrise

Worth getting up at 5.30 for !!
27th Feb
After a few days relaxing on the beach it was time to start travelling properly.
Early start to get to the port, boat, taxi then Minibus. Met a couple of Sweedish girls, one was a massive United fan. (little Mo) Asked her to marry me, she said yes !
Got to Koh Kong late afternoon, not much there, bit of a contrast.
You only stay there one night to get the early boat to Sihanoukville.
Arrived in Sihanoukville and checked into a guest house near the beach, had some food and met Paul from Brum as you do ! Then watched the replay of the Reading cup game...
Lovely place, however you can't relax on the beach for 2 mins without kids trying to sell you just about anything, or old guys who were missing legs / arms etc from land mines asking for money. You kind of get used to it..
Headed to Phnom Penh on the 1st March - 4 hour bus journey with the usual stop at the drivers mates place for something very wrong to eat with rice. Checked into the guest house (Grand View) By the Lake and had a wander.
Unusual place which
Angkor Wat - SunriseAngkor Wat - SunriseAngkor Wat - Sunrise

Worth getting up at 5.30 for !!
grows on you, mainly due to the atmoshere and more travellers everywhere.
Next day did a touristy day trip. Shooting range, killing fields, S21, the Palace, market then the museum - a very unusual mix. As you would expect there was a lot to take in. Very thought provoking & touristy at the same time. A very interesting day all round if not a bit depressing.
Looking at thousands of skulls & seeing mass graves just after being asked if you want to Oozy a chicken for $30 or blow up a cow for $200 at a shooting range !!
Thats the standard day trip. Dollars spent at an impressive rate..
3rd March
Got the boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (temple tơwn - Angkor wat etc)
went to watch the sunset over Angkor with the other million or so tourist's, mostly Japanese. Then rushed back to drink & watch the United Vs Liverpool game, 1-0 victory. Not the same as Anfield, food was beter though.
Next day was all about extreme templing - 12 hour stretch starting with the sunrise at Angkor. Fantastic & exhausting in equal measures. After a day of culture we headed to the pub
Shooting RangeShooting RangeShooting Range

Boys & their Toys !
called the wharehouse (owned by Alan the Scottish Blackburn Rovers fan) with our new South African friend Dewalt for Tequilla, Sambucca et al - late night again.
Time to leave Cambodia, which was a shame, it had made an impact & i would say i'll be back for longer at some point..


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Rock climbingRock climbing
Rock climbing

No good ìf you've got Vertigo !
Crossing into CambodiaCrossing into Cambodia
Crossing into Cambodia

Strange seeing the motor & armed guards
More GunsMore Guns
More Guns

Ooozy a chicken for $30 ? No, don't worry i didn't !


21st March 2007

Official
Hey! So I guess we're official now haha, so where the hell is my ring, huh! We won last niiight, we're getting our trophy back baby! Holla! /Moe
4th April 2011
Angkor Wat - Sunrise

Stunning ;-)

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb