Soaking up the sun in Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
October 24th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Kapow!Kapow!Kapow!

Lightening from a huge storm. We took about 200 photos and only one had a fork of lightening.
We were in Cambodia four years ago and it has changed a lot, sadly not all for the better. We spent one night in the capital Phnom Phen, which has become a bit on the sleezy side. We made a new friend on the bus ride there from HCMC, Emma, and went out for some dinner and drinks with her along the river front.

The next day we caught a bus to Sihanoukville for some chilled out beach time and a chance to top up that backpacker tan. Sihanoukville had gained plenty more bars over the years, but still had plenty of charm. We treated ourselves to a nice room with an amazing view of the coastline and spent days soaking up the sun, exploring the beaches, eating super fresh sashimi and drinking too much at a quiz night. We were a team of 3 Brits and 1 Australian, so our team name was '3 Poms and an Ozzy' and we came a respectable 3rd out of 8.

Being lazy on the beach here for days put us in good stead for our next stop...

Lots of love
Beach bums, Jim and Carla
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

3 Poms and an Ozzy3 Poms and an Ozzy
3 Poms and an Ozzy

Melissa, Hannah, Carla and Jim


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb