Good day


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
April 21st 2010
Published: April 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a really good day today. Wandered down to Victory Beach which was nicer than I thought it would be (Lonely Planet had warned of its skankiness!). There was a bit of rubbish but then there was at Serendipity Beach too. Victory kind of looked like the resort that time forgot. There was however a really cool bar there called The Airport that was built in the shape of an airport hanger and had a plane hanging up inside it! It was really big and plush with leather sofas and even a bell service hahah.

Next we wandered to The Snake House which is a resort equipped with a reptile house inc. a crocodile farm. Was really cool, loads of snakes (my fave being the bright green long nosed whip snake), lizards and croccies. It was much bigger than I'd imagined though we were the only people looking round.

After buying our ticket to go back to Phnom Penh tomorrow we went down to Serendipity Beach and ate at one of the beach shacks (had amok again but though it tasted ok it looked like sick!). We moved onto a bar where 2 Cambodian girls were working and the only other customers were a scouse bloke and a bloke from Jarrow who not only knew Shiney Row but had spent quite a bit of time working there, small world. The bar was quite cute and there was a very pregnant cat with big saucer eyes which lay on the bar next to me 😊 One of the girls was very sweet and she showed us some 'magic' tricks. There was also a snazzy bright green beetle with gold legs in the loo which I took some pics of.

Left bar at about 11 and grabbed a tuk-tuk. As we drove down the 'girly' bar street round the corner from our GH we noticed the bars were full of prostitutes, some whooping at us. We've literally been asked over 30 times if we want to buy drugs today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb