Another Day in Paradise - Bamboo Island


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 2nd 2009
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Koh Ru


After recommendations from H and Paul we boarded our boat to Bamboo Island and our home for the next few days, the Koh Ru Bamboo Bungalow Resort. The boat trip took about an hour and a half and was a little rocky but all good as there weren’t many people on the boat. We arrived and were given bungalow number 4, a nice bright blue bungalow, right on the beach with 2 double beds….one for our bags, the other for us, it was also right by the showers and loos (perfect for those nighttime visits!!!). We naturally dumped our stuff and headed into the crystal clear, bath tub warm sea. Perfect. Tony discovered some lads who work at the resort were off sunset fishing on the first night, so off he went eager to catch our dinner. He came back 2 hours later empty handed explaining his fishing reel was made out of a round piece of plastic where the line was wrapped around it. We didn’t have fish that night but we did have a wonderful Chicken Amok. The food here cooked by the local Khmer girls was delicious, they know how to make a good curry and anything else local.

We spent 3 wonderful nights here, pretty much doing what you all by now are expecting us to do….drinking, eating, sunbathing and swimming. We participated in some night snorkeling in the hope to see some phosphorous but with no luck as the moon was full and far too bright.

We would recommend this place to anyone, at $10 each return trip by boat and $12 a night per bungalow which can fit 4 in, it’s a steal. The only down side is that the lease has been sold and in the next year or two these gorgeous little bungalows will be replaced by brick air-con bungalows costing $50 a nights. We didn’t even need a fan (not that there was one as the generator was turned off when the bar closed). It was so breezy in the night, no fan needed, pure bliss.









Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb