Lazing in Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
August 7th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 106

After a late night watching the Wimbledon finals we packed our things and were on the bus by 7am destined for Sihanoukville. After catching up with our books and getting a bit of sleep we arrived at the station and jumped on the back of a couple of motos to take us out to the (reportedly) nicest beaches in Sihanoukville - Occheuteal. We had planned to stay at Chiva's Shack, but Chrissie's driver misunderstood and took her to the wrong place. Thankfully she remebered where we were heading and after convincing him that she didn't want to stay where he'd dropped her but would rather join her husband she turned up in the right place!

On arriving we booked into our very basic but functional room (which was FREE to stay as long as we ate most of our meals at the hostel), ordered something to eat and drink and felt so relaxed that we decided to extend our stay by a couple of days.

Chiva's Shack, our beach shack and restaurant, was right on the beach with the waves reaching and occasionally flowing under the chairs and tables that were put on the beach during the day. It had a really relaxed feel about it and the beach itself was beautiful with some of the comfiest chairs either of us had ever sat on - it was not really surprising that we decided to book in for another couple of nights.

We spent the rest of the day with our books, swimming in the sea which had some fun waves to contend with and going for a starlit walk - how romantic!

Day 107 to day 109

We spent the rest of our time in much the same way mixing in bit of pool and cards when we could be bothered to do anything but relax with an occasional run back to the beach shack to avoid any sudden downpours! Our last night was spent playing drinking card games with some other guests we had met and between the lot of us we managed to drink the bar dry of tequila before moving on to some lethal 'Mekong Buckets' - basically a beach bucket filled with a cocktail including the local rice whiskey - a great night to finish a fab few days.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th August 2007

world tour scam
allo harry and mary as you will now doubt have realised by now your bloggs have been intercepted by the cambodian internet police in conjunction with interpol and noda and been wiped off to be used as evidence against youin the up and coming and now internationally famous world tour scam trial. i have been asked to travel to australia after xmas accompanied by our man in the phillapines to confirm your none existence in the antipodes.your attempts to telephone me have resulted in a police trace on your signal which has been pinpointed to a theatrical dress shop in urmston.the propriator is currently helping the police with thier enquiries.please give yourselves up and your punishment wiil be reduced to a small production for stos. failure to do so could result in a full scale production of mary poppins,,,,you have been warned!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb