Boats, bikes, crazy golf and scrabble


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
July 4th 2014
Published: July 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello readers



So, what we do about leaving the island, well sit back relax and I shall tell you :-)



We had a look at the sea conditions and they looked calmer than when we arrived and the weather looked quite promising, so after some discussion Nd debate we decided to catch the 9am boat back to the mainland along with a few other people who were also,leaving at the same time and had experienced similar sea conditions to us when they arrived.,



This time Karo and I had bought plastic macs and I used mine to cover my big back pack, I had also found my rain mack but ended up using to cover my bag and day pack, as of course we got hit with waves over the bough again lol. The boat was rocking and heaving on the sea but not as bad as the out going journey. But as we crossed to the main land we were hit by a heavy rain shower, we could see it coming in in the distance as the weather came in and misting up the view.



The crossing wasn't quite as scary as the out going one but still a little precarious. However we got back to the main land safe and sound. When we got back to the pier where we had to dock there were a few other bots tethered up, one was losing up with passengers and we joked with them about enjoying the trip lol.,we were sitting there soaking wet with our rain Macs looking like drowned rats in plastic bags lol. Once we were tethered to the dock we had the un envy able task of getting off the rocking boat and on to the walk way a few feet above. So we stood at the front of the boat and were unceremoniously and ungraciously hauled up off the boat on to the dock, closely followed by our bags.



We had called ahead to let the travel agent know we were coming back and he had arranged for a tuk tuk to pick us up. Our original plan was to catch the bus to Kampot, but the tuk tuk driver offered to drive us the 25km for a few dollars more than the bus would cost us, but it meant we did not have to wait around in wet clothes for a few hours until the bus departed. We had the added bonus of seeing the country side at a more sedate pace and had quite a fun ride all things considered.



I suggested to Karo that we stay at the same guest house I stayed at with stray when I arrived over a week ago. It was clean and comfy, cheap and near the centre. Soothe tuk tuk driver dropped is off and we checked into separate rooms for a couple if nights. After showering and changing into clean dry clothes we headed off for a bike ride and a visit tongue local market and some well earned lunch. We then had a wander round and then headed back for some much needed sleep. Later we met up again for dinner and an early night.



We agreed to have a lie in ( well for Karo anyway lol) and meet up at 11 am the next day. We then had breakfast and then had a walk around the town and then headed back to the hostel, on the way we called into a local hostel for a game or 3,of crazy golf which turned out to be free! We had three games, I won the first and Karo the second and third but only by a small margin lol. After that we had a beer/cider and settled to a nice game of scrabble ( very rock roll lol).



Later we went back to the hostel for tea and another game of scrabble then an early night as I had to be up,early the next day to meet back up with the stray bus. We said our goodbyes and arranged to stay in touch as we would both be in Siem Reap at the same time so we would meet up again then.



Xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb