Kampot-Pepper, Pizza, and Prison


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
July 21st 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

CheersCheersCheers

Cambodia
Spent the last two days relaxing in Kampot-we leave tomorrow by bus to Saigon.

We didn't do too much-that is the great thing about this sleepy little town. We stopped at The Rusty Keyhole for a great lunch and beers to catch up with the owners, who now have two sweet little girls. Real pints and real french fries-what more could we want?! Had some great conversations with an Australian couple, and a Canadian living in India-one of the best part of travel is the conversations with others.

Staying at Mea Culpa Guesthouse, and having real, yes real pizza out of a wood fire oven.

We rented a motorbike and Steven has been driving me around to shop, find internet cafes, and some photo opportunities-one of the prison. When we post the picture it is easy to see the children playing in the prison yard-when the parents go to prison, the children go too, if there is no family to care for them.

Kampot does not have the poverty, begging, or in your face prostitution like Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. We needed a break.

Bye-Bye, Cambodia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sweet GirlSweet Girl
Sweet Girl

This is March. She worked at the guesthouse two years ago when we first met. She just happened to be visiting on this day! So great to see her doing so well.
Kampot PrisonKampot Prison
Kampot Prison

Where children get to accompany their parents.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb