23 March 2010


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
April 20th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We noticed the continental breakfast on the menu at the restaurant yesterday so we’re back to sample it ...

After a great breakfast we chat to people at the guesthouse. The local coconut ice-cream man comes on his daily round and it would be rude not to try it - just as I thought: delicious! After that, we're back on the bike and off in the opposite direction to yesterday.

We end up driving through a lovely village, with lots of friendly people and we meet one little girl who seems to think I look totally hilarious. She is giggling and chattering away in Khmer, pointing at my sunglasses, helmet and shorts. The older girl with her tries to restrain her but the little one is not having any of it. Rik gets the camera out and she starts doing a really energetic 'dance' and has us all in stitches. Even as I get on the bike and drive away she is pointing at my shorts, laughing and chattering away. Cute! A couple of local people point us in the direction of a lake and we spend some time there.

In the evening we return to the music school but unfortunately there is a funeral and the children are performing there. We are told to come back tomorrow. After playing some pool (it’s great having free pool, by the way) we go to a local pizza place which has been recommended. It is great! We chill in the bar at the guest house in the evening and also chat to some fellow travellers; one of them happened to be on Koh Tonsay at the same time as us, which explains why he looks familiar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb