Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 12th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey, sorry havent written for a few days, havent been able to get on the computer.

Well bad news is that we havent been able to get into the hospital, the commission want a bribe for this letter and so thats all going pear shaped so this week just been travelling.

On Wednesday went up to Siem Riep as we went to see Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm. IO found it absolutley incredible. Got some pictures to upload, wil do that in a minute.

So I got up at 4 and went firstly to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat and then had the rest of the day there. At 4pm we booked a tour around a nearby childrens hospital. It was amazing seeing how ill some of these people are before they come in. The reason why is mainly becasue the family cannot afford the payments.

Well anyway travelled back on Friday and found out that they are still unable to sort out the hospital. SO... yes wait for it... they ahve managed to get me and another boy to go into India at some point next week! How exciting. In some ways I am really angry and frustrated that they ahvent got us into the hospital even after working do hard to get all this money. But in other ways i am excited about going all the way to India. I just really hope that I can at least get 2 good weeks of work done in India.

I have however been going to the orphange which is really rewarding, the kids are so happy when you play with them.

So overall I am having a good time. I just hope this isnt a waste of money. Everyone here is so friendly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb