Siem Reap - beautiful temples and great night life


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
March 31st 2011
Published: November 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 8:30 to catch the bus to Siem Reap. I slept most of the ride, but not properly since my head kept bobbing around as it will do on every single bus you take in Asia. The guesthouse that my father had recommended had been shut down, the owner was in prison for abusing a small boy (!?) so we decided to go to Green Town which had also been recommended to us.

It was a nice place, only 5 $ a night including internet. We decided to order tickets and visas for Vietnam, since we had seen all we wanted in Cambodia and had over a week left. We ate at a local restaurant, and had Cambodian food, Khmer spring rolls and chicken cashew - really good!

After this we went to pub street. We had a pitcher each at Temple Club and we both got a free t-shirt, now we really look like stupid tourists. After we went to Angkor Watt? where we met a lot of Danish girls who where travelling as a group. We decided to meet up with two of them the next evening.

The next day we got up at 8 and had some food to cure the hangover. Since our hangover didn't allow us to go to the Angkor temples on bicycle, we hired a tuk tuk driver, who drove us around all day for just 6 $.

The temples were really beautiful and impressive! The best temples I have ever seen. They gave me the feeling that I had stepped into the movie 'the jungle book', but even more amazing. It's really hard to explain, but I guess the pictures can give you a good impression of it - well, not even, you will just have to go! We spent all day there and weren't back untill the afternoon.

After some quick lunch we booked flight tickets from Ho Chi Minh to BKK, which took a really long time, caused by the slowest internet in the world! We met up with the Danish girls for some (happy) pizza followed by drinks. Since it had been a long day with hangovers we didnt stay too long though. We got up at 10 and without a hangover for once. We packed up our stuff and had NUTELLA for breakfast which we had dearly missed as well.

After early dinner we picked up our passports with the Vietnamese visas and got on the bus around 7 in the evening. It was a really nice sleeping bus where you acctually laid completely down instead of sitting and as a bonus it only broke down once! We had to change bus in Pnom Penh and got a regular sleeping bus, NOT satisfied (!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb