Beautiful Bayon & The Tree Temple of Ta Prohm


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
January 16th 2013
Published: January 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greetings

This is part two of my travel blog for Angkor Wat



Out of all the temples I think Bayon is the most interesting to look round. It has thousands of faces carved into it and the Architecture is really striking both from a distance and close up. It is also incredibly well preserved and surrounded by the jungle and has an incredibly long and striking walkway to access it over the moat. Which when the only way to get around was by elephant must have been a real WOW to people who approached it. We visited Bayon three times and each time we saw something new as we visited at different times of the day.



The Tree Temple or Tombs Raider Temple of Ta Prohm was made famous by the film, and also the incredibly tree’s and tree roots that grow through the temple and literally hold it together. Because it is in the middle of the jungle, and also because it is in a ruinous state it has a much more closed in jungle vibe to the other temples. There isn’t just a couple of tree holding the temple together there are hundreds of them and it makes for a fascinating temples with the mixture of exquisite carvings and huge trees with their exposed roots, and also the fact that it doesn’t feel like it has been restored or manicured like the other temples. It still has a raw jungle vibe to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



24th January 2013
Bayon2

super cute
nice pic again
24th January 2013
Around Bayon3

i like this
one too.
24th January 2013
Around Bayon3

Really?? I have a few like this but I find the photos of the temples to be more interesting
24th January 2013
Approach to Bayon5

Wow!!!!
These photos are even more impressive that the last set. I love the way the trees are growing through the buildings. It looks so stunning.
13th May 2018
Approach to Bayon1

amazing!
Really appreciated for sharing this awesome photo!

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 25; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb