Running Cambodia V3 - The Wild East Edition - Travel days again...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East » Senmonorom
February 9th 2013
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The travel days are blending together...the ride from Sen Monorom to Phnom Penh was not as long as the initial ride to the north but none the less, we are tiring of the back seat of the truck...to go from moving most of the hours of each day to spending 6 hours like a pretzel is only marginally entertaining. Bunna and Mombo did however find a short cut which was a much nicer drive than what we'd experienced. The scenery of Mondulkiri is a huge contrast to that of other parts of the country we've seen so far. We now realize that the day we spent climbing during the run took us of a plateau of sorts, now we are descending into the lower lands. There are large pine forests which would look more at home in southern Oregon or the west coast than the highlands here. So the story goes, the Chinese planted the large forests many years ago.....the cool temps give way to the heat of Phnom Penh and we are back at Eureka for an overnight and a change out of gear. Holiday and relaxation have begun!

Not that we lacked poor planning, however with this week being Chinese New Year, getting transport to Siem Reap takes more than a couple of calls. Mombo has us sorted and we are booked on the 8am bus. Hen looks at our tickets and comments that he would not take that bus line. This could get interesting....

We survive the bus trip but there was some concern on the 3rd time the driver stopped for no reason and got out with a pair of pliers...a few minutes later he jumps back into the bus and we are off! Once again, back in Siem Reap.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb