Banlung


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East » Banlung
August 10th 2010
Published: August 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I crossed into Cambodia and went to frontier town - Banlung. It's quite remote and surrounded by mountains. The town itself is not particularly interesting, but there are lakes and waterfalls around. I met a Russian girl, Alina, on the bus and we stuck together while there. We rented a mountain bikes and went to see a crater lake. It was raining and I wanted to rent a motor bike, but we couldn't find a place that rented them, so we ended up renting mountain bikes. The bikes had no fenders, so our backs were covered in mud by the time we got there. It was fun though. The lake is really nice and the water is very green. We swam there for a couple of hours. There was a very cool monkey living near one of the peer, so we played with it for a while as well. The monkey didn't like the locals, and the locals were terrified of it. It kept stealing their food and water. It was quite mischievous.
The next day, we rented bikes again and went to see the waterfalls. The road was really bad to one of them. It just turned into a sea of mud, Alina fell flat on her ass and I fell twice, so we were covered in red mud pretty badly and had to turn back. But we saw 2 other waterfalls, and could swim in one of them, which was really nice.
Alina was going to Laos, so we parted our ways. It was really nice to practice my Russian and she even taught me some Cambodian phrase that served me well so far.
Next stop - Kratie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb