Kalaw


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region » Kalaw
December 17th 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

08/12/2010 - 11/12/2010

In Kalaw I booked the 3 day trekking tour in the planet recommended guesthouse (lily inn) and we had Harry the sikh as our guide. We were quite a big group, nine persons. A bit cautious in the beginning cause you always have the possibility of clashing personalities but it turned out we had a really fun cool group!! Luckily Cruella the Canadian decided not to go on the trekking, cause she was staying there as well...

First day we had a firm walk of 6,5 hours; we quickly figured out that we had to multiplicate Harry's estimates by 1,5 to get a more accurate figure.

The landscape was absolutely amazing! We passed through corn fields, rice fields, tomato fields, weat fields, etc... the mountains were all painted in different colours cause of the different vegetables they were growing; now and then it really looked like one of a French impressionists landscape painting.

That night we stayed with a local family all lined up and very cosy together.

Next day we were a bit unfortunate with the weather. It came pooring down, not benefecial for all the muddy roads we were crossing. All the mud cley would stick to your shoes, giving your feet extra carriage and an appearance of 2 giant boats...would lead to some histarical situations! Some didn't count on this kind of weather so only had flat sport shoes, so they would slip, fall, doing pirouettes from one place to another.
Cause of thebad weather conditions the walk took longer, a good 8,5 hours, so all were very happy to see the monastery at the end where we would spend the night. Again our private cook did his absolute best and served us these wonderful local dishes, best burmese food I had so far. The cool beer in the evening was also quite orgasmatic..;

Next day weather didn't change so we would slip and fall for another 6 hours to our end point. From there we would take the boat Nyangshwe, Inle Lake!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

dinner at the monasterydinner at the monastery
dinner at the monastery

..notice Brett (awesome Australian guy) going extatic about his beer


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb