Day 8


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » West » Yerevan
July 21st 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pam and Village Teen do the Bucket PassPam and Village Teen do the Bucket PassPam and Village Teen do the Bucket Pass

This was 90% of what we did while working. After a while you got good at passing buckets in to directions. Stu, Izzy, and I got so we could toss buckets long distances without passing, but the leaders put the kibash on that after a while.
Hi All:

(started this yesterday...finishing today)
Sam again. 100F+ today at the work site. Everyone seems to be aclimatized though. Both Wren, Anna, and Stuart work out in the sun much of the day. Stuart shovels cement about 70% of the time and Wren has taken turns too. Anna does bucket line without complaint. Pretty standard day for us. All the cement floors in the house are now complete except for the top of the stairs.

Tonight after eating at a small Aremenian restaurant. Gayle, Nadya, and I went to a nightclub to watch the Armenian Navy Band. Very hot band, a mix of Sun Ra, Taj Mahal, and New York jazz band. About 15 in the group, nice brass section, traditional Armenian section, rock drummer, and nice keyboardist. Good blend of rock and Near East music...with lots of Jazz-style solos. It was interesting to see how they mixed the two different tonal systems. They pulled if off well, my only complaints were that the drumming could have been more jazz less rock beat and the session seemed to wallow at the end.

The kids hooked up with Armenian youth again and hit the town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Typical Lunch FoodTypical Lunch Food
Typical Lunch Food

The fruits are incredible!


22nd July 2008

shoes
I think Stuart will be the coolest kid at school if he picks up some Armenian shoes on the trip

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb