Renowned Penguin Expert Joins 2009 Voyage to the Great White Continent


Advertisement
Antarctica's flag
Antarctica » Antarctica
May 16th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Renowned Penguin Expert Joins 2009 Voyage to the Great White Continent

(Santiago, Chile) --- Dyan deNapoli, a penguin expert from the New England Aquarium in Boston known as “The Penguin Lady,” will present a series of lectures aboard The Antarctic Dream’s January 8, 2009 voyage to Antarctica. The Antarctic Dream, a 78 person capacity expedition cruise ship celebrated for its longtime service in the Chilean Navy, offers ideal expeditions to Antarctica, taking in the most exciting sights of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula. For more information on this unique excursion to the Great White Continent featuring lectures from “The Penguin Lady”, visit www.antarctic.cl or call 1-877-AD TRIPS.

Dyan deNapoli has worked closely with penguins at the New England Aquarium in Boston and in the wild for nine years. During that time, she was a member of a team of penguin experts that rescued 40,000 penguins from an oil spill in South Africa. She has been featured on several television shows and recently authored the new penguin article for Scholastic Publishing’s New Book of Knowledge encyclopedia. Dyan will present a series of onboard lectures about penguins; from their unique biology and behavior, to the various environmental issues threatening the future survival of all 17 penguin species.

“I am thrilled to be part of a voyage with The Antarctic Dream,” said deNapoli. “My penguin lectures should add to the already unforgettable experience of touring the Antarctic and neighboring islands.”

What distinguishes The Antarctic Dream's 11 day/10 night expedition from most Antarctic cruises is the extraordinary, hands-on access to wildlife, glaciers and massive icebergs provided by the former military vessel. Passengers of The Antarctic Dream often experience up-close encounters with fur seals, humpback whales, leopard seals and orcas, and are able to explore the blue, icy land during 2-3 hour daily zodiac raft excursions. The Antarctic Dream receives passengers from all across the globe with an average of 20+ nationalities on board every trip.

Departing from and finishing in the port of Ushuaia, Argentina, The Antarctic Dream features a large dining room, library, auditorium, gym, sauna, laundry, satellite email/phone and boutique. Cabins have private baths, queen or twin beds, closed circuit TV, and inter-cabin phone service.

The 2008/2009 season is quickly approaching with the first expedition departing November 19th and trips available until mid-March. The 11day/10 night excursions range in price from $6,450 for cabins to $16,050 for suites. For more information, visit www.antarctic.cl or call 1-877-AD TRIPS.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb