Exams


Advertisement
Africa
November 25th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Heres how exams are set up in Ghana. Its a very different system than the north american one, but from what i hear its not so far off from the british exam system.

We found out our exam dates a few weeks ago, but the location is not given out until two days before the actual test. You need to enter the hall a half an hour before the exam starts to find your student number. Numbers are written in chalk on desks around the room, and you must sit at your corresponding desk.

Usually the exam halls have more than one exam taking place at the same time. For example in my language teaching exam, there was also a food sciences exam taking place in the same room. Exams are 2.5 hours long and are a mix of questions generally. You are required to stay for at least half an hour, and you cant leave within the last half an hour either. (this is because you may disturb the other frantic students trying to finish).

At this point i've had four of my five exams and they have all gone pretty well. Obroni have to write in yellow booklets as opposed to everyone else who writes in Green. This is so that our grade get decided within a month rather than a year of the exam. At this point i have about two weeks before my next exam, so i can relax a bit and collect presets together for people back home.

We are still planning to go camping in the western region after exams are done, so that should be good. We are hoping to catch the endangered seaturtles nesting while we camp, and maybe see some crocodiles too!!
Ill be home shortly, only about three weeks!!
xxoox

Advertisement



26th November 2009

not crocodiles!
MarMar we are going to play the crocodile game here at home, so no need to "see" them in real life, OK. Take care lovey and see you soon. Love, Momba
27th November 2009

Hi
Hi Marla. Sorry I have not written in a while. I have been following the saga of your malaria and I hope you are doing well. When you get back into the states, I would very much like to get you a good doctors appt, and get your blood checked. Malaria parasites can hide in the liver, and I just want to be sure that you don't have any lingering stuff.. Looking very much forward to seeing you soon. I am very, very proud of you! love, dad

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb