Zambia


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » South Luangwa
September 30th 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent a couple of nights in an amazing campsite in South Luangwa national park. The campsite was called Croc Valley, and there was situated on the edge of a river that was indeed full of crocodiles and hippos. Within a few hours of arriving, there were 4 elephants wandering through the campsite - we were so close to them!

The next day we had a couple of game drives - one first thing in the morning and the other one in the evening after dark. We managed to see a whole pride of lions snoozing within a couple of metres from our car - we got so close that one woke up and started to get annoyed that we were so close, and we were all quite scared that she was going to jump right into our open sided vehicle! Not long after that we saw an elephant - we stopped right in its path and it started to get annoyed with us... Once again we were scared it was going to charge right into us!! Then after dark we found a leopard sitting watching some gazelle, and our driver managed to get sooooo close to it. We unfortunately didn't get to see it chase the gazelle, but it was a brilliant end to a great day - being within a few metres from 3 of the big 5!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb