8000 Feet, 25 sec free fall... Whaaaaaaaa!!!


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Lusaka
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody!!

Hope you are all good and healthy 😊 We are back in Lusaka after 3 weeks in Livingstone. It was heartbreaking to say goodbye to our kids last Friday. After making party hats and playing football everyone gathered in the classroom again and our kids sang a song in Nyanja and read us a poem. After a lot of hugging we left the school crying. And it wasn't just our kids that we had to say goodbye to but also our volunteer friends from Northern Ireland and England, Lois and Grainne, and our Zambian friends Obert, Ozzy, Tyson and the lovely staff at Jollyboys.

After a lot of goodbyes of different sorts during just a few days we felt a bit down. We therefore thought the only thing that could cheer us up again was to throw ourselves out of an airplane... SO WE DID!! From 8000 feet we both made a tandem sky dive!!!!! Whaaaaaa... 25 sec free fall next to Victoria falls and then a few minutes in the air with the parachute before landing on our asses!! So so cool!!! We'll definitely have to do it again some time.

Yesterday we came late to Lusaka after driving with Tyson for 6 hours. We had to change a flat tier in the rain at night and do our best not to kill any sheep on the road but other than that it went smoothly. Today we have sorted out our visas for Tanzania and booked train tickets to Dar es Salam. Early tomorrow we start our journey that (hopefully) ends Thursday afternoon. We hope to be able to jump in the ocean on Friday at one of Zanzibar's nice beaches. Might be well needed after a long train journey (which we have just been told is a nightmare). Will give you some more news before we head back home, but we are really looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love and hugs from the Svetnas and Africa


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb