Background: Morocco virtually annexed the northern two-thirds of Western Sahara (formerly Spanish Sahara) in 1976, and the rest of the territory in 1979, following Mauritania's withdrawal. A guerrilla war with the Polisario Front contesting Rabat's sovereignty ended in a 1991 UN-brokered cease-fire; a UN-organized referendum on final status has been repeatedly postponed.
Blogs from North
Latest Blogs from North
- November 30th 2012 Whoa! Enough!!!
by Words: 426 Photos: 10
- March 18th 2011 SAHARA:)
by Words: 669 Photos: 15
- July 2nd 2009 Casablanca to Rabat and into the Western Sahara
by Words: 128 Photos: 6
- September 9th 2008 The Sand the Stars and the Clouds
by Words: 1091 Photos: 0
- December 2nd 2007 SAND AND MORE SAND
by Words: 454 Photos: 18
- October 1st 2007 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Desert
by Words: 1611 Photos: 7