Rest day and Lake walk


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region » Kisoro
October 5th 2008
Published: October 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent yesterday trying to avoid the rain in our leaking tent after so many early mornings we needed a bit of a rest. Today the sun was out so we decided to go on a walk to a nearby lake with Danny and Kirsty. It was quite a difficult walk up a hill and it was very slippery due to all the rain. On the way to the lake we were followed by local children who kept asking for money or pens. We walked through a small village where the men were sitting outside drinking a home brew made from bananas. They offered us a drink which we accepted, the first one was called the soft beer it actually tasted OK next came the strong stuff it was completly clear and took your head off. On the way down the hill to the lake Rebecca disappered down a hole and got covered in mud. Shortly afterwards we got to the lake it was very beautiful and well worth the effort to get there. We were driven back to camp which we were all happy about as the mud was making it a bit dangerous under foot.

When the Gorilla trackers got back we heading for a campsite in Kalbale as the roads were getting to dangerous due to the rain. We got to the site but the truck was too big to get through the gates so we had to go to a different camp site. It was terrible (and called little Ritz in africa!!!) it had no running water and was next to a night club that did not close until 3am no sleep that night!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb